Saturday, March 15, 2008

Help, Advice or any Input is appreciated...

I am in the throes of planning my first ever Toddler birthday party. And I'm all by myself. Thank you so much for Sara and the other TOM girls with their helpful thoughts on my invitations. Because of them I am on my way... (on the way to what I don't know, but nevertheless I am going there!)

But now I still need help with food, decorations, goodie bags, the cake, games, what time to have the party, etc? Heck, how many kids is it sane and politically correct to invite?

As you can see I am a total novice when it comes to kid party planning. At least with my birthday I could pretend to know what I was doing and with a little help from my friend MARTHA I even lulled some of my guests into believing that. LOL

So please help a girl out and post any hints, tips or advice on my comments here...

Thank you so much.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Well Mel I have never had kids but done several parties - not toddler age but if you are going to be the only adult I would make sure that you have no more than 6 kids total....
As far as a cake....maybe look into a cake made from cupcakes and then you have to cute top part but you don't have to worry about forks...games...well no idea here...not any idea on gift bags either....decorations I would decorate with your childs favorite thing right now - be that the Disney princesses...SpongeBob...etc

HTH
Shannon

Tammy T said...

Hmmm....I've done a couple of these with the two girls and have just tried to make it as easy on me and the kids as possible! What is Gracie's favorite thing to do? Is it finger painting or chalk drawing or something that could translate to a group activity. I didn't really have the kids do games at this age, unless it was "everyone wins!"

And we have loved the cupcake cake! SO much fun! Good luck on planning! Sounds like fun!

t

Some of my Scrapbook Pages