Guess it's high time I posted some photos of Grace's 2nd Easter. We actually all went to the big Easter Egg Hunt sponsored by the grocery store Haggen. It was a huge field divided into areas by age. There was yellow tape around the area and signs showing what age group the square belonged to. I was kind of torn between taking Gracie to the "2 and under with parents" plot,
whereas Martin was all about letting Grace fight it out own her own in the "2 and under without parents" one. The weather held and we actually had a slight window without rain as the kids, (there must've been several hundred kids with families) charged the field after the countdown. I had to give Grace a little encouraging nudge and she finally braved the masses. I guess all the other parents must've been training their toddlers vigorously for the past few months because the killer instinct took over and they started vaccuuming up the candy and eggs.
It took Grace a while of staring at all the other kids in amazement until she started putting some eggs into her basket. After all was said and done, it didn't take more than two three minutes to clear the lawn, she had a booty of about a dozen eggs or so.
I was a little disappointed in the contents of the eggs. Since the area was for 2 year olds and under I expected some toys, maybe chocolate eggs, similar soft candy. But what was in the eggs actually shocked me. Most of it was the kind of stuff they would label "Not suitable for 3 years and under", little plastic rings, fabric bracelets, little gobs of jelly like substance that I have no idea what they are, and absolutely no candy. What a rip-off. The bigger kids were leaving the field with whole bags of gummy lifesavers and such. AG Edwards even has some monetary items in the older kids eggs. Well, I guess better luck next year.


No comments:
Post a Comment