The Fair (Take Two)
So the first time we went to the fair for the second time this week. When we headed there on Monday we ran a bit late and didn't really have a chance to see any of the displays or the animals. So I promised Miss Gracie that I would take her again later during the week. Of course we had to wait for the hottest day of the year to go...what's up with that?Anyway, we headed out around 2:30 in the afternoon since I had to have my leg massaged in the morning. I had the stitches removed on Thursday but have been dealing with a lot of muscle pain in the calf. I went in again to see the Doctor on Monday as the pain was so bad I had trouble sleeping. She said it was just tension and to take a painkiller and stretch. Well, the pain medication helped to a point but it was getting ridiculous. So I am still in a bit of pain, but have been icing and applying heat, that with the pain meds seems to get me through the day. Not sure when I'll be able to get back to the gym though...Anyway, the fair... On the way to the fair Grace fell asleep in the car. So when we got there I
got lucky enough to find a coveted spot in the shade. I had packed her stroller, which we really don't use anymore, but thought it may make things easier on my leg. Good thing, cause I loaded her in it and headed straight to Woods Coffee. They had wonderful A/C and of course I had to have a refreshing Avalanche while Grace slept. After about 30 minutes I decided to head into the fair grounds to see if she would wake up. Well, I think I made it through most of the indoor and outdoor commercial exhibits until she was awoken by a band playing on the small stage. We then set off to find the animals. Of course all Grace wanted to do by that time was hit the carnival rides. To our dismay we found that hey had taken out the dog/cat display barn and we had missed the dogs completely as they were there only till Wednesda
y. What a bummer. Anyway we saw the animals including the calf that had just been born on Monday night. Grace got to pet a few goats and cows, not so much luck at the horses. And I just couldn't convince her to pose with the llama for a photo for Grandma. We ate some more junk food, (I am proud to say that I did not give in to the looming temptation o
f having a 2nd Funnel Cake!). Although I really wanted to. LOLGrace got to choose three rides to go on, and the merry go round with the horses was her fav
orite. We got home very exhausted and tired that night and hit the hay pretty early.
No comments:
Post a Comment