Tuesday, May 6, 2008

House Improvement

I know, I know....I should be blogging about my Nashville trip and what I learned, the wonderful girls I met and reunited with, etc, etc.
But that post just seems too overwhelming right now for a headache and a late Tuesday night. So here is a post about our new home improvement that took place Sunday evening.

Hubby says to me: "You want to help me put up our chandelier? It should only take about an hour and a half." Well, little did I know that finally about four hours later we would be admiring our handy work, finished, lit up and correctly positioned in the window.

I guess the two lessons I took away from Sunday night with my husband are:

1) It will always take longer than expected.

2) Never take flash photography when your husband (who incidentally is afraid of heights!) is balancing on two planks between two rickety ladders about 15 feet in the air trying to connect a lamp to the electric circuit. He may just think that he's being electrocuted....

OOOOOOOPS!

1 comment:

Peggy Houston, TX said...

I am soooo loving that chandelier - looks amazing. And the pot filler thing is nifty - wish I had one!

Some of my Scrapbook Pages